Are you a counsellor whose clients have little or no dating experience? You might be a psychotherapist, psychologist, sex therapist, speech therapist, dating coach, or some other helping professional.
If some of your clients are inexperienced with dating, please take a look at the Love Not Anger principles and our survey results. You may need to help inexperienced clients with the following common challenges:
- Self-confidence and self-worth
- Rejection sensitivity
- Anxiety and depression
- Loneliness and social isolation
- Body image and body dysmorphia
- Social skills
- Autism and neurodiversity
- Gender identity and sexual orientation
- History of abuse, bullying, assault, trauma
- Stigma of singles and virgins
- Various kinds of discrimination
We encourage mental health professionals to communicate with each other about how best to treat and coach your clients with dating difficulties. Thank you for all you do.